CCTOS Common: Knowledge Interface
of interface to knowledge.
- Derived from Item, because a piece of knowledge or a link
has a responsible author, a date of creation, a version, etc..
- Many kinds of knowledges must be available in a medical
system, as typically:
- Generic class:
- Common properties of knowledge about any type of
information which can be expected in the project environment.
Theses definitions are objects stored in a large definition data bases.
- Many derived classes could extend this parent class.
Question: could Python derived classes be stored here ?
of available services, as well some knowledge about theses services,
including medical aspects and conditions of refunding by the Social
- Most frequent medical
- Available lab tests,
- Available pharmaceutical
far as possible knowledge about every item which could be relevant in a
medical record ("Archetypes" ? ).
- Inventory of
available pharmaceutical products.
- Simple contextual information as the list
of regional municipalities.
- Medical scientific data bases,
as eg the "National Library of Medicine", in US.
- Standardization of interfaces:
- There should be a standardized way to get information,
regardless of the origin of the information
local copy and/or remote data base. The use of "Semantic Web
Technologies" should be considered ( http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/hcls/
- Standardization of interfaces is important in
order to make possible the reuse of the maintenance of all the
- Local copies:
- For efficiency reasons useful for the most frequently
required types of information, but should be synchronized with external
official sources of information. This in order to avoid
maintenance, eg the list of accredited doctors by the national council
and the social security.
- In order to allow local
exceptions and extensions.