CCTOS Common : Framework
- Objectives and motivations:
work environment in which application modules can be
hosted, even modules made in different programming languages.
- In the current situation there nearly as many frameworks
and this situation make interoperability difficult.
- It is of general interest to all projects to have a
framework, i.e. a technical context. The first step is to
identify the most common requirements.
- The main issue is the management of the integration of
components. A kind of very critical super component facilitating the
integration of other components.
- Management of a work session.
- Outlines of network architecture.
communications, encrypted communications, considering the use of VPN.
- Man-machine interactions. Recommendations about
- Journal of transactions.
of the data, Monitoring and
management of backups.
- The framework itself is also a component.
- More than
one framework types could in principle be a good solution. The
framework itself is a component in the list of components. In
principle soon or later, as any other component the framework could
need to be replaced by an other one.
- However since the framework has a very central role,it
would be difficult to avoid completely any dependecies on the framework.
- At the current preliminary stage we could not afford to
experiment several framework at the same time. We have now to
select one preferred framework, but in the future it is not excluded
that we could need to move to an other framework.
- Session data:
- The framework must keep the global information which
need to persist during the current session.