Additional Requirements : Nursing in
Version 0.3, Etiene Saliez
- Nursing inside hospitals:
- There is no reason why doctors and nurses would
develop separated patient record systems. Here again the
is to identify what is common around a "patient centric record", and to
add some some aspects in function of specific needs.
- Nurses look at "problems lists" in a different way:
- Focus on workflow issues. Scheduling tasks. Control
of what is done and still to be done.
- Nurses think about a whole"patient", while some
specialists have a tendency to think only about a hip, a knee, a
on the validity of the
patient, as abilities to move, to take food, etc... and at
dependencies. This means a checklist, which can be seen as a
of problem list in which normal findings about potential Health
Issues are systematically recorded. Unlike doctors who record
only the abnormal issues, when they record a problem list all.
- Also about consequence for the nursing work load.
- Several nursing classifications are in use, e.g. the
of Katz, RAI, Nanda, NMDS, MVG/RIM, ICNP, ...
same common generic software about problem list can be
used for nurses too. The difference is mainly a question of