Additional Requirements : Education
Version 0.3, Etiene Saliez
- Education can be provided in 2 ways:
- by means of static pages from course and texbooks.
No particular requirements, other than to be able to read page
from a server or from a local device e.g. a DVD.
- By means of interactive training and this is what we
are talking about here.
- Reuse of most modules as above.
ask a service to someone else in a remote location, using
- Typical scenarios:
- A GP in an isolated region ask an advice to a
specialist in a regional hospital or in an university.
nurse in a very isolated area in a developing country ask an advice to
- A small local lab has a microscope and is able to make
slides, but has too limited experience in pathology.
- Information must be provided
by electronic means:
- In some cases
very simple, just an image in tele-radiology,
tele- cytology, tele-pathology, tele-dermatology, ... just a
number and even no patient identification.
in order to get a more comprehensive medical advice,
most of the generic modules will become useful in Tele-medicine
situations. Isolated care providers, although having a
training, are nevertheless best able to make simple observations.
They can record their finding by means of a form asking releavant
- At the same
time advantages of tele-education in discussion about the encountered