Additional Requirements : Admision in
Version 0.3, Etiene Saliez
- Admission in hospital:
- From the model point of view an Admission is a kind of
Activity, seen from outside as a black box starting with a request and
ending with a
- An admission can be seen as a kind of
contact, during which many important Activities takes place at a second
- The generic iterative process become much
more intensive during an admission:
new observations are recorded.
- New Health Issues
or new versions of previously existing Health Issues are discovered.
- Many activities are required during an admission.
- The responsibility of the coordination of the patient's
health is temporarily done inside the hospital.
For example by a team of an internist and a surgeon.
However the GP should be able to follow and to participate in
- From the
coordination perspective an admission is a kind of
request for services. This request is motivated by diverse
factors as the bad condition of the patient requiring intensive care,
the need of technologies requiring hospital environment as surgery.
- During the admission the care process continue in a similar
observations, assessments and activities. However often
only on a few types of specialized problems, e.g. an admission focusing
on hip replacement.
- After discharge of the
patient a "discharge report" will be
provided, summarizing the events during the admission and providing
recommendations. A short report the same day and complete
report days or weeks later.